Author Topic: Avatars  (Read 429 times)

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
If you need help with an avatar PM a staff member, if you aren't sure if it would be acceptable. If you need hosting, and can't get it uploaded on your own, PM me directly and I will do what I can to help you figure things out.

One image hosting site you could try is www.photobucke t.com
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 03:44:09 PM by Jennifer »
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
Re: Avatars
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 09:18:10 PM »
If you want you can pick a flag to use as your avatar, to denote heritage, nationality, or any other reason that you choose. Here is a quick link to help you find some flags.

National Flags

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
Re: Avatars
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »
I have already stated that offensive images, such as racist propaganda, are flat out banned and don't even have a chance of being tolerated. But there are some images that have a double meaning. For example the swastika. For those that don't know, the actual swastika is an ancient holy Buddhist symbol. It means prosperity, good fortune, health, peace, and the like.

The inverted crucifix is another. For those that don't know, when the apostle Peter was being crucified he asked for a last request. He asked to be crucified upside down because he didn't feel worthy to die the same way as Christ. His last wish was granted and he was crucified upside down. So the inverted cross to many is a symbol of humility and respect. Even the pope carries it.

So if you have a NON-PREJUDICE reason for wanting to use an image such as these, post a request to the forum and ask if everyone would be ok with it. Explain the meaning behind the image. Where it comes from, and why you are wanting to use it. If one person objects, then you can't use it. I'm not trying to be domineering, tyrannical, or whatever, but it's my job to make sure that everyone here feels safe and secure. And the sad truth is that some people may ask to use an image like these under the guise of respect and kindness, when they actually are using it as a prejudice slap in the face in secret. So there will be very few, if any at all, requests granted. If you have interest, you can't ask for this immediately after sign up. You have to be here a while and let everyone get to know you. When you are known to not be a troll, then you can ask. Just don't hold your breath.