Author Topic: Finally got his name changed  (Read 139 times)

Offline opie

• Familiar
Finally got his name changed
« on: July 19, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Hey all. Its been awhile. Hope you are all doing ok. Finally got my boys name changed. The judge new zero about gender change so we are still fighting that battle. He got his first tattoo last night  :D a blue rose.  Still trying to get him motivated to drive and work. Typical teenager I guess. Except all my other kids couldn't wait to drive and work. Go figure. We are all individuals. Shouldn't compare him to his siblings.  He is doing well. He is dating another Transgender guy. He seems happy these days. Except when his father is being a father  ???

Jennifer, Freckles;  How are you both doing?

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
Re: Finally got his name changed
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
Congrats on getting his name changed. It sounds like the judge is a dick, but at least you've made some progress. Personally I didn't have a problem. There was a guy there the same day as me getting his name changed. I gave him a card for the forum, but didn't hold my breath. Just wait until he gets his gender changed to M on his ID. He'll be dancing in the streets when that happens. As for birth certificates, I don't know how long that one will take. I'm still fighting it, and I had all my info changed in December. It's some jazz about the state having to file it or something. But as long as my drivers license and whatnot are correct, I'm content for the time being.

Otherwise, I'm doing fair I guess. My muscular dystrophy has gone nuclear. I have to get around the house in a power chair now. I can't walk 10 feet without being in pain. My wife and I went to Comicon in Knoxville TN last month, which was a blast. We met a lot of people. C Thomas Howell(my wifes personal god), Lou Diamond Phillips, Judith Hoag, Daniel Logan, Steve Whitmire, Ric Flair, Teddy Long, Rulon Gardner, and a lot of authors and artists. There's probably someone we met that I've forgotten. The Backstreet Boys and Hellboy cast were there, but the wait lines to meet them were over an hour, and we just didn't feel like waiting in line, even though we had VIP passes, so we didn't get to meet them.

The thing that sucked was that when we landed at the airport here in Columbia, I was trying to load my mobility scooter into my van. The lift raised with me on it, and when I tried to drive the scooter into it, I rolled off the back. I fell more than 6' and slammed my head into the pavement. The scooter almost landed on me. I woke up an hour later in an ambulance. Somehow I came out of it unharmed, aside from an earth shattering headache. No blood, nothing broken, no concussion, nothing. Just a bag of destroyed clothes thanks to the doctors, some of which were my absolute favorites. A skirt that I absolutely loved and searched for, for years. >:( I had what they call "phantom concussion syndrome" for about a week. It's where you have all the symptoms of a concussion, but don't actually have a concussion. It's like having a deaf person in a music store.

Also my wife got another dog, which brings our total up to 5. It's a female Old English Bulldog puppy. And yes the dog is clinically insane. Cute as hell, but insane.

So aside from getting my ass kicked by the ground, and a new dog, not much has happened here.

Here's a pic of the new puppy.
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality

Offline Little Tony

• Me thinks life is goodsa when yousa livesa as yous
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:42:12 PM »
Hello,
I know this is a little late.  But I am in the process of getting my gender changed.  As for the regs for the state of MO I am not sure.  But it is my understanding that you have to go through the state that you were born in to change your gender.  I was born overseas and have to deal with Washington DC, they required me to send them all types of docs, but most importantly a letter from my doctor saying that I was complete in my process.

So that is what I am dealing with.  But once that is done and i get it changed with the SSN office as to the gender that should be on attached to my card I will be done with the reminder of who I was and can be who I have always been both inside outside and on paper.

Offline opie

• Familiar
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 08:48:32 AM »
Hey Jennifer. Bulldog puppies are cute. A lot of work, but cute. We have 2 dogs. One is a pure bred English Staffordshire Bull Terrier (not an AMSTAFF). And the other a Rashon. A rat terrier Bishon mix. Both are getting old now.

Doing back flips from 6 foot doesn't sound like something you should be doing.  ??? I'm glad your ok. That so could of turned out worse. Cracking your head when falling from a standing position can be bad enough.

The day we took my son to get his name changed was both a good and the worse day of my life.

It was good because we made progress in getting part of his identity changed. Then once we got home it turned into a bad day.

That day will always be with me. June 6th 2018.

We are full time RV'ers, having sold our house about 3 years ago. Anyway, was sitting on the couch after just getting home when my wife said someone was coming up the stairs. I  built some stairs going up to the RV because the RV steps are not good for the old dogs (and me  ;D). I get up to see who it is and before I could get to the door they start banging on it real hard and loud. Sounded like someone real angry on the other side. Angry I can deal with. Angry was what I was expecting. Angry was not waiting on the other side of the door.

What was waiting....dev astation....ho rror....

She started screaming at me as soon as I opened the door. She thrust a baby at me. He had blood caked around his nose. He wasn't breathing. She was screaming he was dead. My wife called 911 as i started chest compression's. The operator came online and had me try mouth to mouth. I cleaned the blood from his little face and tried mouth to mouth. His little chest wasn't moving. My breath wasn't inflating his lungs. It was so horrible.

Ambulance and police arrived. The ambulance folks took over trying to resuscitate him in the ambulance and left. The girl I assumed was the babies mom. Turned out she was the older sister (17) baby sitting while mom and dad were at work.

The police came back later that night. The cop was so sad when he was talking to us. He started crying. He said the hospital told them that by the time the baby got to our RV he had been dead too long and there was nothing we could have done to help. That really did not make us feel any better.  The sister had apparently put the baby in his car seat and placed it on the bed then gone and done the laundry. The car seat flipped and the baby suffocated. His little lungs filled with liquid and the capillaries in his nose busted. She left him alone for 20 minutes according to what she told the police. I believe it was longer.

The police declared it an accident. Me. I cant think, in all my years of life, where an accident wasn't someone not paying attention. Is that unfair? This did not need to happen.

He was just shy of 4 months old. His name was Tommy.

I have 5 kids, 6 grand kids and one grand kid on the way (October). I cant even imagine what the babies parents are going through.I took the next couple of days off work and visited my grand kids.

Perspective on life adjusted a little bit, yet again.

Sorry. It's been over a month now, but, it's so hard not to see him when i close my eyes. I catch myself at work sometimes just staring at my computer screen thinking about him. The times in a day it disturbs my thoughts are getting less.......... ....The times in a day I just want to fall to the ground and cry are less.

Suck it up. Smile. Be the rock your family needs. Dont let them see what it did to you.......bree eeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeathe

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 01:28:31 PM »
Oh my god. I have tears in my eyes now. I obviously wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but I find it difficult to believe that the car seat would just flip on its own. It would have to flip upside down to suffocate the child. The only way it could do that is if she set it down halfway off the bed. She had to have been drinking or getting high. It's just heartbreaking that this little child had to pay for her irresponsibili ty.
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality