AHFTU Transgender Community Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the AHFTU transgender community support forum. All are welcome. The forum is to help and educate anyone from or for the LGBTQ community. Friends, family, and well wishers are welcome to join in.

Registration is once again open, but for the time being, it will require admin approval. This is just a temporary setting to weed out spam bots. I will respond within 48 hours as to approval. If you have difficulty registering just email me at longhaired_rocker1982@hotmail.com with your preferred username. I will set it with a default password that you can change upon login. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Federal Aid  (Read 1654 times)

Little Tony

• Me thinks life is goodsa when yousa livesa as yous
Federal Aid
« on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »

So as I decided to go back to college I realized I would have to use some federal aid this time.  I went on and filed my application for FASFSA.  All was good, no hitches, so I thought.  When I got to my school there was one big HITCH.  I want to inform others before they find out the same thing.  I had not registered for the Selective Service, nor did I have any documintation to say that I did not have to. 
I now have a request form in for the documintaion of not needing to register.  All I can do is wait but you can rest ashured that it will be kept with all of the other parper work from where I have changed things.

Jennifer

• Administrator
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
Re: Federal Aid
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:30:20 PM »

I know the pain of registering. I didn't understand why at first when I was 18. Apparently it's one thing left over from the draft. Since the government did away with the draft after the Vietnam war, I don't get why they kept that. So not registering can throw a severe monkey wrench in your engine if you need any kind of aid later in life. And it can cause a lot of other problems as well. I hope it doesn't hold you back too much, or for too long.
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality

Pages: [1]   Go Up