Author Topic: Federal Aid  (Read 189 times)

Offline Little Tony

• Me thinks life is goodsa when yousa livesa as yous
Federal Aid
« on: July 14, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »
So as I decided to go back to college I realized I would have to use some federal aid this time.  I went on and filed my application for FASFSA.  All was good, no hitches, so I thought.  When I got to my school there was one big HITCH.  I want to inform others before they find out the same thing.  I had not registered for the Selective Service, nor did I have any documintation to say that I did not have to. 
I now have a request form in for the documintaion of not needing to register.  All I can do is wait but you can rest ashured that it will be kept with all of the other parper work from where I have changed things.

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
Re: Federal Aid
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:30:20 PM »
I know the pain of registering. I didn't understand why at first when I was 18. Apparently it's one thing left over from the draft. Since the government did away with the draft after the Vietnam war, I don't get why they kept that. So not registering can throw a severe monkey wrench in your engine if you need any kind of aid later in life. And it can cause a lot of other problems as well. I hope it doesn't hold you back too much, or for too long.
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality