Author Topic: Don't know what to do  (Read 69 times)

Offline Jennifer

• Goofy Girl
  • Administrator
    • Transgender Community Support Mid-MO
Don't know what to do
« on: June 07, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
I've had problems with depression my whole life. I've even attempted suicide several times in the past. But something happened the other day that was a hard blow to me. My wife made a comment. It wasn't made towards me, about me, or even involving me in any way. But it still hurt beyond belief.

I'm disabled. My wife has to lift my wheelchair in and out of her car. We were leaving the post office the other day, and I was in the car while she was loading the chair up. When she got in the car she made the comment "There's never a big strong man around when you need one". BOOM. I'm transgender. I'm disabled. BOOM. I'm not who or what she wants. And it hurts. I don't know what to do at this point. She always tells me that I'm the only one for her. But that comment just proved otherwise. She wants a big strong man. Not a weak disabled transwoman. So where do I go from here? :'(
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Belief, Trust, Quality

Offline CJP

Re: Don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
I am really sorry to hear about your issues with depression Jennifer. I'm glad you are still here on this Earth.

I know this is an older post so I'm sorry if this issue is resolved but have you talked to your wife about her comment? I know she probably wasn't intending to take a jab at you but she should know you were hurt by her words.

If she is always telling you that you are the only one for her it must mean she loves you. I know depression is hard but one comment doesn't instantly cancel out all her love for you.

Being disabled is not a sign of weakness. You are not weak or any less of value just for having a disability and needing help. I advise you to try to talk things out with your wife. I send my condolences and hope you do well.