AHFTU Transgender Community Support

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the AHFTU transgender community support forum. All are welcome. The forum is to help and educate anyone from or for the LGBTQ community. Friends, family, and well wishers are welcome to join in.

If for any reason you have difficulty registering, you can contact me at longhaired_rocker1982@hotmail.com and I will help you as best I can.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi. I'm Opie.  (Read 3083 times)

opie

Hi. I'm Opie.
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:48:24 PM »

Opie. O-P. Optimus Prime. Long story. Anyway........ ....Hello. I'm a father of 5. I have 4 daughters and 1 son. My son is the youngest. He is 17. He came out to us about 6 months ago I guess(FtM) when he was 16. He was a loving but sad child growing up. We didn't know why. As a parent it makes you feel so horrible that you didnt even know your own kid well enough to know what was troubling him. Since coming out he is so much happier. We have him in counselling (he so loves his Councillor. If anyone is looking for a Councillor in the St Charles MO area I can definitely recommend one) and we have him started on testosterone. Just over 3 months hes been on the T now. And wow, the differences so far. I found pflag and "growing American youth" in St Charles but they are both like counselling places more then a place to just hang and get to know people. Thats how I found you and this forum. Looking for stuff for my son. If any of you are ever in the St Charles MO area and are just looking to hang out, or if you set up anything in this area, please, give me a buzz. Thanks.

Jennifer

• Administrator
  • Asteroid
    • Allied Humanity For Transgender Unity
Re: Hi. I'm Opie.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »

Hello Opie. It's refreshing to see a parent so open minded and supportive of their child being transgender. Not a lot are. Mine for instance were extremely cruel towards me, even though I never came out to them, they knew. They are both dead now, so all I have to deal with are siblings and extended family. But that is another story for another time.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Have fun and never be afraid to ask or comment.
LGBTQ = Love, Generosity, Bravery, Trust, Quality

Pages: [1]   Go Up